Linking device and download courses need a smooth bluetooth connection between your watch and your telephone. And you need a good internet connection.
Sometimes this fails and you get an error message on you watch. The error messages are not very informative, and they should be improve in future versions.
The error codes below from Garmin can help you to get an idea of what is wrong.
BLE -errors are errors with the bluetooth connections.
The errors -200 to -400 are related to the network connections. -402 and -403 occurs if you try to upload to many controls.
The text under is taken from https://developer.garmin.com
- UNKNOWN_ERROR = 0
An unknown error has occured.
- BLE_ERROR = -1
A generic BLE error has occured.
- BLE_HOST_TIMEOUT = -2
We timed out waiting for a response from the host.
- BLE_SERVER_TIMEOUT = -3
We timed out waiting for a response from a server.
- BLE_NO_DATA = -4
Response contained no data.
- BLE_REQUEST_CANCELLED = -5
The request was cancelled at the request of the system.
- BLE_QUEUE_FULL = -101
Too many requests have been made.
- BLE_REQUEST_TOO_LARGE = -102
Serialized input data for the request was too large.
- BLE_UNKNOWN_SEND_ERROR = -103
Send failed for an unknown reason.
- BLE_CONNECTION_UNAVAILABLE = -104
No BLE connection is available.
- INVALID_HTTP_HEADER_FIELDS_IN_REQUEST = -200
Request contained invalid http header fields.
- INVALID_HTTP_BODY_IN_REQUEST = -201
Request contained an invalid http body.
- INVALID_HTTP_METHOD_IN_REQUEST = -202
Request used an invalid http method.
- NETWORK_REQUEST_TIMED_OUT = -300
Request timed out before a response was received.
- INVALID_HTTP_BODY_IN_NETWORK_RESPONSE = -400
Response body data is invalid for the request type.
- INVALID_HTTP_HEADER_FIELDS_IN_NETWORK_RESPONSE = -401
Response contained invalid http header fields.
- NETWORK_RESPONSE_TOO_LARGE = -402
Serialized response was too large.
- NETWORK_RESPONSE_OUT_OF_MEMORY = -403
Ran out of memory processing network response.
- STORAGE_FULL = -1000
Filesystem too full to store response data.
- SECURE_CONNECTION_REQUIRED = -1001
Indicates an https connection is required for the request.
- UNSUPPORTED_CONTENT_TYPE_IN_RESPONSE = -1002
Content type given in response is not supported or does not match what is expected.
- REQUEST_CANCELLED = -1003
Http request was cancelled by the system.
- REQUEST_CONNECTION_DROPPED = -1004
Connection was lost before a response could be obtained.